8th Bi-Annual Akhanda Yoga Retreat in Italy
Dropping into the Infinite
Friday 6th, Saturday 7th and Sunday 8th of April 2018
Yogrishi Vishvketu (Vishva-ji), Himalayan Master and founder of Akhanda Yoga, has been coming to Italy regularly for many years to teach with senior Akhanda Yoga teacher Pranav at Kutir in Bologna. This wonderful collaboration has brought us to the 8 th Akhanda Italia Retreat!
Since 8 in the horizontal relates to the symbol of the Infinite, this workshop will focus on an ever-deepening journey through the five layers of being and finally dropping into the Vast, Infinite Self:
• Anamaya Kosha (physical layer)
• Pranamaya Kosha (pranic layer)
• Manomaya Kosha (mental/emotional layer)
• Vijnanamaya Kosha (intuitive layer)
• Anandamaya Kosha (bliss layer)
During this transformative weekend, you will learn about the original anatomy of yoga and experience how awareness of these layers can revitalize our practice and support us in daily life. Akhanda means whole, indivisible and unbroken tradition. Vishva-ji will apply the map of the Koshas to a full repertoire of yoga techniques including asana, pranayama, mantra, Yoga Nidra, Bhakti practices and meditation to help you tap into our own wholeness drop into your connection to the Vast, the Infinite! Bhakti Yoga in particular encourages the final surrender of the idea of the limited self helps us to step into this expanded Self.
During the weekend you will participate in:
• Five Koshas Yoga classes in which you’ll be guided through a short sequence three
times, taking you gradually more internal;
• An extended pranayama practice to expand your energetic being;
• Soundwork and Vedic mantra to help to release dross from the mental consciousness;
• A restorative Yoga Nidra practice to tap into your intuition and establish fresh intentions
for your life;
• Bhakti work with archetypes and kirtan (praise) to release focus on the small self;
• Spontaneous meditations allowing you to savour the bliss of the Anandamaya kosha and
the infinite grace of the Universe!
• Cooking Classes directed by Vishvaji, in order to the theory class about Annamaya Kosha
(the body layer is considered the food body)
PROGRAM 8° AKHANDA YOGA ITALIA MEETING
APRIL 2018 FRIDAY 6TH SATURDAY 7TH SUNDAY 8TH
05.00 - 06.30 pm Satsang: presentation of the program and the participants
06.30 - 08.30 pm Introduction to the discipline and practice of the 5 Koshas and practice
followed by a Kirtan with Francesca Conati
09.00 - 10.45 am Practice: 5 Koshas Class
11.00 - 12.45 pm Theory: General overview of the 5 Koshas or 5 enclosures and study of
Annamaya Kosha with Cooking class directly from Yogrishi Vishvketu
01.00 - 02.00 pm Happy Meal sattvico meal with food mantra.
03.00 - 04.00 pm Theory: Pranomaya Kosha and the 5 Vayus
04.00 - 05.45 pm Practice: Specification on the pranic body or Kosha Pranomaya
06.00 - 07.00 pm Ice-cream break or Happy Meal (not included in the subscription)
07.00 - 08.30 pm Kirtan Bhakti yoga with Francesca Conati and Prema Kumar
05.30 - 06.17 am (dawn) Agnihotra / Fire Puja
06.30 - 08.30 am Silence: Breakfast followed by a walk
09.00 - 10.30 am Practice: Akhanda Intermediate
10.30 - 11.45 am Theory: What is the mind? Insights on Manomaya Kosha "the mental body"
and Vijnanamaya Kosha or "body of knowledge"
12.00 - 01.00 pm Happy Meal sattvico meal with food mantra.
02.00 - 03.00 pm Practice: Yoga Nidra lesson with Dr. Rajesh Shrivastava
03.00 - 04.30 pm Theory and Satsang on Anand Maya Kosha: What is happiness?
04.30 - 06.15 pm Practice: Mantra, Meditation with Bhakti Yoga with Prema Kumar
06.30 pm Final ceremony with signed certificates of participation to the 8th Akhanda Yoga
- Happy meal on Saturday and Sunday. (lunch)
- The fee for annual subscription for courses
- Certificate of attendance at the retreat Akhanda.
- A cup for your Tea which will be returned at the end of the retreat.
- Yoga mats available in our yoga center
TIPS ABOUT BOLOGNA
• Renowned as the capital of food in Italy
• FICO Permanent Food Fair (100.000 mq) Eataly branded
• Historical town that hosts the oldest University in the world
• Middle age Churches, Abbeys and Towers
• Museums such as the Egypt Museum and the Pinacoteca
• Famous for painters Carracci and Caravaggio, first University in the world, home of the student movements in the 70s, Bologna has earned the name of "the Wise, the Red and the Fat"
• Central position, easy to travel anywhere in Italy
BOLOGNA WELCOME http://www.bolognawelcome.com/
• Top of Asinelli tower 97 meters of ancient stairs,
• Neptune Statue (Symbol of Bologna) holding the Trident (very similar to Shiva’s Trishula)
• "Osteria Del Sole", 16th Century Wine Bar~ still operating
• Subterranean galleries and ancient hidden water channel tour
GETTING TO BOLOGNA
Bologna is a unique, Middle Age historical city, considered the main crossroad of Italy for its
central position and accessibility. From Bologna, one can easily take the train and see places like Milan, Venice, Florence and Rome.
Check SkyScanner for best available option.
Many international flights offer direct connections to BLQ Bologna’s International Airport Guglielmo Marconi
Ryanair offers very affordable flights within Europe.
The trains “Frecciarossa” and "Italo" commute regularily between Bologna and other major cities:
• Milan (north 150 miles – 1hr train) 40 euro one way, leaves every 20 min
• Rome (south 320 Miles- 2 hrs train), 60 euro one way
• Florence (west 75 Miles- 30’ train), 24 euro one way
• Venice (east 110 Miles 2hr train), 18 euro one way
HOW TO GET TO THE KUTIR
Taxi from airport to Kutir yogastudio is about 15 euro, from train station 10 euro. There are many B&B and AirB&B close to Kutir (via Rialto 15A)
FOR FURTHER INFO
Mobile and WhatsApp +39 331 223 1840
Kutir Front Office +39 051 5870932